The Upper Coly Valley Community Land Trust takes your privacy seriously. This policy explains when and why we collect personal information, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
Any questions regarding this policy should be sent by email to:- secretary@UpperColyValleyCLT.org
or in writing to: The Secretary, Upper Coly Valley Community Land Trust, Crossacres, Hutgate Road, Honiton, Devon EX14 9UY
Who will control my data?
The Data Controller for all the information you provide is The Secretary, Upper Coly Valley Community Land Trust, Crossacres, Hutgate Road, Honiton, Devon EX14 9UY.
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information from you when you become a member of the Upper Coly Valley Community Land Trust, when you complete an online or hard copy paper application form and submit it to us. The personal information contained within the application form is your name, address, telephone number and email address. We also obtain the number of shares you are buying and the cost of these. During online transactions we will also request payment details but this information is not collected and stored by the Upper Coly Valley Community Land Trust as it is processed by third party payment applications in line with their data protection policies. More information regarding these payments is available at the payment processing website.
We also collect the same information when you become a subscriber to the news section of the Upper Coly Valley Community Land Trust website.
We also collect the same information when you complete the form on the Register for Affordable Housing page of the Upper Coly Valley Community Land Trust’s website. When visitors click on the link on that page to Devon HomeChoice’s website any information subsequently entered is not shared with the Upper Coly Valley Community Land Trust and is not controlled by us- it is controlled and protected by Devon HomeChoice.
We also collect the name, telephone number, business address and email address of all consultants and advisors involved with the Upper Coly Valley Community Land Trust.
Why do we do this?
We need to keep a record of your contact details in order to correspond with you and to send you information relating to your membership of the Trust and it’s processes and to send you newsletters and other updates relating to the activities of the Upper Coly Valley Community Land Trust.
We may also submit the name and postal address of members of the Upper Coly Valley Community Land Trust to show that you support the aims and objects of the organisation in applications we make relating to the activities of the CLT. We will specifically ask you if you are happy for your details to be submitted in each specific case.
For those people who have entered their details on the Register for Affordable Housing page this also allows us to highlight to Devon HomeChoice at points in the future that you have expressed an interest in the Affordable Housing proposals in Northleigh.
What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information we collect will include your name, company details (if you are a consultant or advisor working with us on CLT related projects), address, email address and phone number. We ask you to register if you want ongoing updates about the CLT’s activities as they occur, membership matters, invitations and event details.
How we may use your personal information
We will only use your personal information to:
- Administer your CLT membership, i.e. set it up, make sure it is accurate and get back to you from time to time to ensure your details are current and that you wish to continue.
- Communicate with you regarding the activities of the Upper Coly Valley Community Land Trust including ongoing updates about the CLT’s activities as they occur, membership matters, invitations and event details.
- Submit the names and postal addresses of members of the Upper Coly Valley Community Land Trust in applications (such as Planning applications) being made in relation to the activities of the Upper Coly Valley Community Land Trust to show that you support the aims and objects of the CLT.
- Where a member has notified the society of an electronic address for the purposes of receiving notices or documents under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014, the electronic address and the purposes for which it has been notified;
- Process payments and refunds where applicable. This includes sending you email, invoices, receipts, statements.
- Ensure compliance with our terms and conditions and applicable law.
- Protect the rights and safety of our members and third parties, as well as our own.
- Meet legal requirements such as complying with contracts, court orders, valid discovery requests, valid subpoenas, and other appropriate legal mechanisms.
- Provide information to representatives and advisors, such as legal attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements.
How we may use your personal information on our website
In order to send email newsletters the Upper Coly Valley Community Land Trust stores members’, subscribers’, advisors’ and consultants’ names and email addresses within our website. Our website also stores all newsletters that have been sent to you and records when you have opened them to view them. Each time we send you an email newsletter your name and email address is transferred to our outgoing mail server at our Website Hosting Provider.
Who has access to your information?
The Secretary of the Upper Coly Valley Community Land Trust has access to your data and may share this confidentially when necessary with other members of the Board of Directors of the Community Land Trust. Data obtained through the ‘Register for Affordable Housing’ submission form may also be shared confidentially with Devon HomeChoice.
When you are using our secure online payment pages, your transaction is processed by a third party payment processor, who specialises in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions. If you have any questions regarding secure transactions, please contact us.
How will we look after your data?
Your data will be held on a separate password protected hard drive located at the Upper Coly Valley Community Land Trust’s registered office. Access to your information will only be available to the Secretary of the Upper Coly Valley Community Land Trust when they are required to process it for the purposes outlined in this privacy notice.
What are my data rights?
Your personal information belongs to you and you have the right to:
- be informed of how we will process it
- request a copy of what we hold about you and in commonly used electronic format if you wish (if you provided this to us electronically for automated processing, we will return it in the same way)
- have it amended if it’s incorrect or incomplete
- have it deleted (where we do not have a legal requirement to retain it)
- withdraw your consent if you no longer wish us to process
- restrict how we process it
- object to us using it for marketing or research purposes
- object to us using it in relation to a legal task or in the exercise of an official authority
- request that a person reviews an automated decision where it has had an adverse effect on you
How long will you keep this information for?
We will hold your information for as long as you are a member of the The Upper Coly Valley Community Land Trust or are a Consultant or Advisor actively working with the CLT on a current aspect of our work. For information obtained through the ‘Register for Affordable Housing’ submission form on our website we will hold your information until you request us to no longer retain the information and we will periodically contact you to confirm that you wish to remain on our register of people interested in affordable housing.
How do I exercise these rights?
If you would like to access any of the information we hold about you or have concerns regarding the way we have processed your information, please contact:
The Secretary, Upper Coly Valley Community Land Trust, Crossacres, Hutgate Road, Honiton, Devon EX14 9UY or Email: secretary@UpperColyValleyCLT.org
What do I do if I have a complaint?
If you do not agree with something we would request that any complaints be made to us initially so that we have the opportunity to see if we can put things right. However, if you are unhappy with the way we have processed your information or how we have responded to your request to exercise any of your rights in relation to your data, you can raise your concerns direct with the Information Commissioner’s Office: Telephone Number: 0303 1231113 or Website: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/